Apprenticeship Support and Knowledge Programme for Schools and Colleges
We are the delivery partner for the Apprenticeship Support and Knowledge programme (ASK) across the London region, working with teachers, careers advisers, parents and governors, alongside other key partners, to develop and transform how students think about apprenticeships.
The ASK programme works directly with schools and colleges to assess requirements and delivers a bespoke support package.
Our range of activities enables you to meet your statutory duties regarding the provision of impartial IAG, specifically in relation to apprenticeships and traineeships.
We will work directly with your school or college to assess your requirements and deliver a bespoke support package. What the support looks like will vary depending on your establishment size and requirements, and can be drawn from the wide range of FREE support activities available including:
- Careers and parent evenings
- Apprenticeship awareness assemblies
- Application support workshops
- Teacher training and development
- Careers fair attendance
- Resources and guides
A highly recommended service
94% of schools/colleges surveyed rated our overall service as excellent or good and 93% of participants rated the service as excellent or good.
Improving teacher knowledge around apprenticeships
The impact post-CPD can be seen with teachers too. The below figures show the percentage of teachers reporting an increase in:
- Feeling more equipped to discuss apprenticeships +43%
- Confidence to discuss apprenticeships +30%
- Motivation to incorporate apprenticeships into their careers learning programme +27%
- Likelihood in promoting apprenticeships among students and parents +16%
Teacher feedback on the programme:
If you would like to register your educational establishment for ASK support, please complete the form at this link www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/influencers/ask-programme-resources